Sunday, August 20, 2006

I hit upon a way to modify the display of the blogs in bloglines.com. I created a folder called "L2 blogs" When adding friends' blogs to "My Feeds", I specified that they should be located in this folder. That way, instead of having 20 lines each showing one new post, the folder shows as one line with 20 new posts. And all the new posts from different blogs are displayed in the same window. One click and you can scan ALL the new postings of blogs you group together.

Hoo-wee! How 'bout that?

Now if only I could figure out how to include a screen shot, like that cool Questing Librarian.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas,
I got the screenshots by holding down the ALT + Print Screen keys and then pasting them into MS Paint and saving them as a .jpg in the temp folder of the PC I was using. Then I uploaded the pictures to the blog via the photo button in the blog post "create" section.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Salad Days said...

Great tip, Tom. I'll have to give this a try. I was already trying to monitor about 15 news feeds before this whole Learning 2.0 project began. Now it's getting to be information overload. Thanks for posting about potential coping skills.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The only drawback to viewing postings this way is that bloglines marks them all as read. So if you have a folder with 200 new posts, you'd better plan on glancing at all of them!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

Yes, I do that sometimes too. It only works if you have time to read them all or you can remember which ones you want to go back to read more of later.... With people that post a lot you can always catch up next time they have a new post.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home