Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm a lifelong learner who has imagined many learning possibilities, started some, and finished very few. Once I get past the initial thrill of a steep learning curve I have a hard time keeping going.

The PLCMC presentation on lifelong learning gave me one explanation for this pattern when it pointed out that one's fellow learners are a resource. I think I have too often tried to teach myself something on my own, waiting to share it with others until I have a finished product or a polished skill. Going solo, I can kill a project and no one's the wiser. Letting people in on one's learning secret provides a reason to keep working at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I see a lot of myself in what you're saying. I am horribly self-disciplined, but I do well if I'm working with others because I don't want to let them down.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said...I think all of us try to hone skills before we share them with others.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home